Living at home
If you already live within commuting distance of the University, living at home while studying is definitely worth considering.
Even if you pay a small amount in rent to your family, plus your travel costs to attend College, it may be significantly cheaper than living in halls or privately rented accommodation.
- Not having to move out is one less hassle to worry about when starting university
- Home Perks – a full fridge, home cooking, sharing the cleaning and laundry responsibilities
- No noisy, messy student housemates
- Commuting could take up a lot of your time and money
- Less independence than your living-in-halls peers
- Making new friends can be harder
- It can be difficult to socialise in the evening if you have to get the last train home