LLB (Hons) Law
LLB (Hons) Law (Subject to Approval)
|Degree Awarding Body:||
Northeastern University London
Semester in Boston, USA (Optional)
|Eligible for Double Degree?:||
6th September 2023 (see academic calendar)
International Academic Excellence Scholarship of up to £1,000 per year for the first three years
|Annual Tuition Fees:||
Available September 2023
83% (National Student Survey 2022)
Our core Law curriculum includes courses in contract law, constitutional law, criminal law, tort law, competition law and property law, providing the core building blocks of a legal education, including all requirements for a qualifying law degree. Read more
The University offers a unique and comprehensive career development pathway for Law students, tailored to your specific professional aspirations. Through one-to-one careers advice combined with seminars, workshops, and guest speakers, we will guide and support you in choosing and preparing for your career in Law, nurturing you through your applications for training contracts, vacation schemes and pupilages.
This degree programme combines a rigorous Law syllabus with your choice of personalised elective pathway. Flexible Elective Pathway courses will enable you to choose to either deepen focus in your degree subject, or combine your studies with courses in a particular second subject, or explore a broad range of subjects, developing agile thinking across disciplinary boundaries.
As well as the opportunity for a career in Law, or further legal studies, Law students are disciplined thinkers and problem-solvers, able to collect appropriate material from a broad range of sources, and undertake projects to develop and promote critical thinking with excellent communication skills. These valuable and transferable skills open up a wide array of career possibilities upon graduation.
Our growing range of Elective courses include the subjects that have in the past been available as minors, plus some new popular subjects and interdisciplinary themes. Read more
Focus on one subject or study multiple subjects.
Flexible Elective Pathway courses will enable students to choose to either:
- Deepen focus in their degree subject
- Combine their studies with courses in a particular second subject
- Explore a broad range of subjects, developing agile thinking across disciplinary boundaries
- Art & Design
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Data Science
- Politics & International Relations
- Philosophy, Politics & Economics (PPE)
- Technology & Ethics
What makes our LLB (Hons) Law different?
- Rigorous, in-depth core subject study
- Interdisciplinary degrees, built around real-world problems
- Flexibility to create your own academic pathway with elective courses
- Gain core competencies and develop practical and transferable skills for your future career
- Embedded experiential opportunities to drive real-world change
- Explore the big issues that need agile thinking crossing subject boundaries
- Acquire the knowledge and experience that will empower you to make a meaningful impact in a fast-changing world
- Experience a semester abroad at one of Northeastern University’s campuses in the USA
Your learning experience
You will experience learning at the University through a combination of formats and class sizes. Some of our courses are delivered through a high number of scheduled teaching or ‘contact’ hours, while others focus on smaller, more personalised, guided independent study, or hands-on or community-based projects. Read more
Our academic staff selects the most appropriate pedagogy and contact hours for each individual course in order to support students to develop and succeed in their studies. This means that within your undergraduate Law degree you are likely to experience a combination of scheduled lectures, workshops, seminars and tutorials. The exact balance of these types of learning and number of contact hours will depend on the specific electives and optional courses you choose.
Most lectures and seminars will have a maximum of between 40 and 80 student participants, while tutorials will typically have five or fewer students, and may sometimes be one-to-one. This personalised approach to teaching allows everyone to participate and thrive.
Core competencies are embedded within our Law degree programmes, preparing you for your future career while you are studying, so that you stand out from the crowd and are ready to succeed as soon as you graduate. Read more
By the time you graduate, you will have taken courses fulfilling the following three competencies:
- Writing Across Audiences and Genres
- Integrating Knowledge and Skills Through Experience
- Demonstrating Thought and Action in a Final Project (can be dissertation)
You will also have taken courses inculcating a minimum of four of these additional competencies, depending on your learning pathways:
- Engaging with the Natural and Designed World
- Exploring Creative Expression and Innovation
- Interpreting Culture
- Conducting Formal and Quantitative Reasoning
- Understanding Societies and Institutions
- Analysing and Using Data
- Engaging Differences and Diversity
- Employing Ethical Reasoning
Advisors will help to identify aspirations and explore careers, as well as assist with the development of CVs, and developing an ‘elevator pitch’ to differentiate yourself in a crowded market. Advisors guide students through making the most of Linkedin, and applying for internships, placements, and graduate jobs.
Our Advisors are here to help you achieve your ambition and have expertise in a wide range of sectors including professional services, government, creative industries, law, and banking.