Applications are now open for our Skills Bootcamp in Service Design and Management with ServiceNow. Register for our virtual information sessions here.
The Skills Bootcamp is a free-to-the-participant, 12-week-long programme, with a guaranteed job interview upon successful completion. During the Skills Bootcamp, you will work to complete a university level course, in information systems, showing your ability to study at degree level or for a degree apprenticeship. You will also complete industry-recognised training in ServiceNow, and have the opportunity to gain high-value certifications.
Alternatively, the Skills Bootcamp can be used by employers as a cost-effective, flexible way to retrain or upskill existing staff, for example, by helping employees transfer into digital roles within their organisation. Employers interested in training staff through the Bootcamp should contact email@example.com.
Skills Bootcamp are part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, they are developed in partnership with employers and providers, to help people develop the skills that are in demand and get well-paid jobs in exciting industries.
The University recognises the importance of ensuring that those searching for a new occupation, or those wishing to improve skills in their current job role, get the training they need. The University’s Bootcamp is unique in that it is delivered in partnership with ServiceNow, a major cloud platform ranked the number one place to work in the UK on Glassdoor. ServiceNow clients and partners include government agencies, prominent consultancies and major brands. In focusing on technology service design and management, the course provides an excellent basis for a career as a technology consultant, business or data analyst, project manager or developer.
Start Date: 13th March 2023
Duration: 12 weeks (including 1-week induction)
Induction: Induction will be spread over 5 days during the weeks commencing 13th March. These are live teaching events and are mandatory to attend.
Careers: The Skills Bootcamp is aligned to a range of apprenticeships and career paths, providing excellent opportunities for continued study, training and employment.
Related apprenticeships include:
Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Data Scientist and Digital and Technology Solutions Professional.
Additional career pathways include:
IT Consultant, IT Project Manager, ServiceNow Practitioner, Informatics and Database Specialist, ServiceNow Developer, System Administrator.
Hours of commitment per week: 10-14 hours each week. Most of this study will occur at the participant’s convenience, however there will be approximately 3-4 hours per week of pre-scheduled ‘live’, but recorded, delivery that participants should do their utmost to attend.
Location: Learners study online using a blend of fully online: tutor-guided learning combined with small group teaching.
Language of Instruction: English
What can I get out of joining the Skills Bootcamp?
- Regular sessions with a dedicated Success Manager to develop your Individual Learning Plan and support you to stay on track.
- High-quality teaching from experienced tutors, helping you gain digital skills that are in demand by employers.
- A package of employability support tailored to you and aimed at ensuring you are successful in future job interviews.
- Subject to passing the optional assessments, you can achieve 15 university credits at Level 4, which could provide the foundation for further training, such as a full degree or degree apprenticeship.
- Subject to passing exams or simulations, you will also have the ability to gain industry-recognised certification in ServiceNow, a workplace productivity platform used across major companies and organisations.
- Upon successful completion, a guaranteed, real job interview with a sector-relevant employer.
Next Steps and How to Apply
- Attend an information session. Find out more about the Skills Bootcamp before applying, by attending an information session.
- You can register here: Information Sessions
- If the you meet eligibility criteria and think the Bootcamp will be a good fit for you, the next step is to apply here.
- Candidates who meet eligibility requirements will be invited to an interview or receive an email to onboard directly to the programme.
- Once the onboarding form has been completed, candidates will be invited to an onboarding session with a Success Manager.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any additional information or help completing the application form.
If you have any further questions or would like to speak to a Learning Advisor before applying please contact us at email@example.com