Click here to start your application. Find out more

Leaving the UK permanently

The United Kingdom Visas & Immigration (UKVI) regulations require us as your visa sponsor to have evidence confirming that you have left the UK. This is usually a flight ticket and a confirmation email. 

This will benefit your immigration history that needs to be cleared, especially if your UK Student Visa is going to be cancelled. This will also be helpful if you will need to come back to the UK in the future for study or any other purposes and will be making a new student visa application or visa application in any other category. 

Leave During Term Time

We strongly advise you to consult with the Visa Team and your Faculty, Academic Advisor or Personal Tutor before you plan to leave the UK for a reasonable period of time during term time. If approved, the Visa Team will be able to advise and issue you a letter confirming the permission to travel during term time to ensure that you will not face any challenges at border control upon returning to the UK. You may be questioned by the immigration officer upon returning to the UK and your entry may be denied if you fail to inform the University and travelled without the University’s permission.

You can contact the Visa Team ( for further details.

Leave of Absence

A student who wishes to request a leave of absence in exceptional circumstances must complete a Leave of Absence Authorisation form (3-20 days absence) or a Long Leave of Absence Form (20-60 days)  and submit relevant evidence.

You must submit the relevant documentation well in advance of your absence.

If you require authorised leave for longer than 60 days, you will need to speak to a member of the Visa Team ( as this will have major implications for your Student Visa. You must speak to the Visa Team before you leave the UK.