BSc (Hons) Business
BSc (Hons) Business
|Degree Awarding Body:||
Northeastern University London
Semester in USA (Optional)
|Eligible for Double Degree?:||
Business Administration BS – Northeastern University (USA)
2 September 2024 (see academic calendar)
|Annual Tuition Fees:||
International Academic Excellence Scholarship of up to £1,000 per year for the first three years
Available September 2023
83% (National Student Survey 2022)
The study of Business covers a wide range of fields and considers the advantages and disadvantages of the different approaches and the challenges businesses face to achieve the objectives of their stakeholders (shareholders, consumers, government, and wider society). Read more
The BSc (Hons) Business examines all aspects of business: management approaches, business structures, marketing, supply chains and operations management, and finance. Courses use case studies and examples drawn from a wide range of business types (from entrepreneurs to global corporations), to understand the varying ways businesses can operate and be managed.
The curriculum includes courses in marketing, management, operations, finance, supply chain, innovation, fintech, statistics, global responsibility and sustainability.
This degree programme combines a rigorous business syllabus with a personalised elective pathway. Students can choose to deepen their focus on business through their elective courses, or they can further contextualise and broaden their studies with courses that match other interests and goals.
Business students develop technical skills as well as critical thinking and analysis skills. They can also focus on innovation, marketing, and microeconomics and international business and global responsibility, making them highly employable with a wide array of career opportunities. These valuable and transferable skills open up a wide array of career possibilities upon graduation.
Focus on one subject or study multiple subjects. Flexible Elective Pathway courses will enable students to choose to either:
- Deepen focus in their degree subject
- Combine their studies with courses in a particular second subject
- Explore a broad range of subjects, developing agile thinking across disciplinary boundaries
- Art & Design
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Data Science
- Politics & International Relations
- Philosophy, Politics & Economics (PPE)
- Technology & Ethics
What makes our BSc (Hons) Business different?
- Rigorous, in-depth core subject study
- Interdisciplinary degrees, built around real-world problems
- Flexibility to create your own academic pathway with elective courses
- Gain core competencies and develop practical and transferable skills for your future career
- Embedded experiential opportunities to drive real-world change
- Explore the big issues that need agile thinking crossing subject boundaries
- Acquire the knowledge and experience that will empower you to make a meaningful impact in a fast-changing world
- Experience a semester abroad at one of Northeastern University’s campuses in the USA
Your learning experience
You will experience learning at the University through a combination of formats and class sizes. Some of our courses are delivered through a high number of scheduled teaching or ‘contact’ hours, while others focus on smaller, more personalised, guided independent study, or hands-on or community-based projects. Read more
Our academic staff selects the most appropriate pedagogy and contact hours for each individual course in order to support students to develop and succeed in their studies. This means that within your undergraduate Business degree you are likely to experience a combination of scheduled lectures, workshops, seminars and tutorials. The exact balance of these types of learning and number of contact hours will depend on the specific electives and optional courses you choose.
Most lectures and seminars will have a maximum of 40 student participants, while tutorials will typically have five or fewer students, and may sometimes be one-to-one. This personalised approach to teaching allows everyone to participate and thrive.
Core competencies are embedded within our Business degree programmes, preparing you for your future career while you are studying, so that you stand out from the crowd and are ready to succeed as soon as you graduate. Read more
By the time you graduate, you will have taken courses fulfilling the following three competencies:
- Writing Across Audiences and Genres
- Integrating Knowledge and Skills Through Experience
- Demonstrating Thought and Action in a Final Project (can be dissertation)
You will also have taken courses inculcating a minimum of four of these additional competencies, depending on your learning pathways:
- Engaging with the Natural and Designed World
- Exploring Creative Expression and Innovation
- Interpreting Culture
- Conducting Formal and Quantitative Reasoning
- Understanding Societies and Institutions
- Analysing and Using Data
- Engaging Differences and Diversity
- Employing Ethical Reasoning
Advisors will help to identify aspirations and explore careers, as well as assist with the development of CVs, and developing an ‘elevator pitch’ to differentiate yourself in a crowded market. Advisors guide students through making the most of Linkedin, and applying for internships, placements, and graduate jobs.
Our Advisors are here to help you achieve your ambition and have expertise in a wide range of sectors including professional services, government, creative industries, law, and banking.