Designed to prepare graduates for a multitude of careers in the technology sector, our MSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science equips students with advanced software development skills combined with key competencies in the application of algorithmic and theoretical computer science principles to solve wide-ranging problems.
This programme combines both computing and application domains, enabling students to increase broad-knowledge in the field, whilst focusing on a wide range of disciplines including mobile application development, algorithms, web development and artificial intelligence.
MSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science
Full-time or part-time
One year (FT) or two years (PT)
8th January 2024 (see academic calendar)
|Annual tuition fees:||
Home: £11,000 (FT) / £5,500 (PT)
International: £23,000 (FT)/ £11,500 (PT)
January 2024 cohort
Home: £1,000 for all accepted students, reducing annual fee to £10,000.
International: £4,500 for all accepted students, reducing annual fee to £18,500.
|Graduate Route Post Study Work Visa:||
Why this MSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science?
- Explores wide-ranging disciplines including programming, design, algorithms, software engineering, data management, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Delivers practical experience in deploying tools and techniques across a variety of applications areas including software development, website, mobile and scalable systems.
- Incorporates three individual software development projects which challenge students to develop and defend a solution to a substantial real world problem by applying the state-of-the-art techniques and tools they have studied.
Designed to prepare students for a variety of careers in computer science, the MSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science masters programme combines both computing and important application domains, enabling you to increase your broad-based knowledge in the field while focusing on one of a range of curricular specialisations. Read more
This AI & Computer Science masters will enable you to:
- Exhibit proficiency in the design, implementation and testing of software
- Demonstrate skills and experience working in small teams
- Apply algorithmic and theoretical computer-science principles to solve computing problems from a variety of application areas
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and develop competencies in specialized or emerging computer science fields
The University’s MSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science masters is a 180-credit programme. Read more
The programme provides an opportunity for students to pursue an interdisciplinary project in digital humanities and computer or data, under the joint supervision of academic advisors from each discipline.
The Masters programme can be taken part-time over two years. Part-time students attend the same classes as their full-time colleagues, taking 50% of the course load each academic year. Read more
Our Masters programmes are demanding and we advise students that, if they intend to work alongside the course, their work should be flexible in nature. However, we will work with students, where possible taking into account their individual circumstances and need, to be flexible with our provisions.
Timetables are usually made available to students during Freshers’ Week. Teaching can be scheduled to take place during any day of the week. However, when possible, Wednesday afternoons are usually reserved for sports and cultural activities.
The MSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science is designed to produce graduates who are equipped to succeed in a variety of technology sector jobs including Computer Consultant, Software Engineer, and Software Developer. Read more
In addition to their degree students, students of the MSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science have access to personalised guidance to help clarify and create practical plans to achieve career aspirations. In addition, they enjoy opportunities to network with our partner employers in the technology and public sector, while studying just minutes from both London’s Central Business District and East London Tech City.
Graduates of the US programme have found success in a wide range of careers, including:
- Software Development Engineer at Amazon
- Consultant at Deloitte
- Software Engineer at Microsoft
- Full Stack Developer at Cartera Commerce, Inc.